Turn your smartphone into a functioning point-and-shoot
With a simple attachment developed by Cooltopia you can transform your smartphone into a fully functioning point-and-shoot camera with the SnappGrip.
Set for release in February, the SnappGrip lets you take photos on your mobile phone without the fiddly business of touchscreens and slippy fingers. At the touch of a button, the add-on enables your phone to perform like a conventional camera with zoom and focus functions.
Retailing at £50, pre-orders are currently being taken.
For more information please read the press release below.
Cooltopia is pleased to announce the success of their Kickstarter campaign for the Snappgrip. Snappgrip, a snap-on camera controller that turns smartphones into a point-and-shoot camera will enter production in late February 2013. Smartphone users will now be able to take one-handed photos and snap off spontaneous pictures with ease. Simply attach the controller to the back of a smartphone and start taking pictures. Similar to a digital camera, users will enjoy functions such as zoom mode, shooting mode and focus. Completely portable, compact and removable the Snappgrip is the accessory smartphone users have been waiting for. Snappgrip will be released worldwide in February 2013 but can be pre-ordered now for approximately (£49).
“Thanks to the overwhelming interest and support we received at the Consumer Electronics Show we are proud to announce that we have reached our funding goal and will go into immediate production,” says Lee Harris, Creator of Snappgrip. “We will release Snappgrip for iPhone and Galaxy III in less than a month and will soon follow that with additional smartphone options.”
The Snappgrip controller provides easy access to real shooting controls including:
- Shutter Function: Full press to take picture, half press to focus
- Shooting Mode: Portrait, landscape, flash and video
- Zoom Function: Zoom in for close ups or zoom out for wide shots
Additional features include:
- Wireless control over your smartphone via Bluetooth and an Android app or an iOS app
- An iPhone 4, iPhone 5 or Samsung Galaxy S3-specific case to which the Snappgrip controller is easily attached or removed
- A tripod mounting point at the base of the controller
- A power switch and a micro USB connector for easy recharging with any standard USB/micro-USB cable
- An internal lithium ion battery that will last up to 60 hours on standby
Compatibility with additional apps and smartphones will be available after February 2013. For more information about Snappgrip visit www.snappgrip.com
Back to Categories
- Average Article Rating 0 Stars
- You must be a registered user & logged in to rate this.
Login | Register