Create your own ebook for the iPad
Publishing and marketing company, Blurb, have announced their latest idea to improve their ebook platform and plug-in for Adobe InDesign, allowing users to design and upload their own ebooks to be viewed on the iPad.
The latest plug-in will allow photographers and designers alike to optimise their ebooks using an online editing tool. The ebooks are created in a ‘fixed format’ so that they the original design transfers identically onto the iPad.
The key features of the InDesign update are:
• iPad Preview: Users are able to preview how their ebook will look on the iPad before purchasing it
• iPad Optimisation: Ebooks will be optimised for the iPad, resulting in a high-quality, commercially viable product
• ebook Editor: Users can adjust layouts, edit and format text and images and delete pages
• ebook Bookstore: The bookstore provides a ground for sharing, promoting and selling ebooks for profit
• ebook Friendly Fonts: Users can access sourced and legible fonts, royalty free
Eileen Gittins, CEO of Blurb, said: "We've been hearing from our Adobe InDesign users that they want a straightforward way to design and create beautiful books for the iPad that respect their design decisions. So, we are truly delighted to respond with such a rich set of capabilities including the new plug-in for fixed format ebook creation, free online editing tools, plus the ability to sell their ebooks for profit in the Blurb bookstore.”
Existing Adobe InDesign customers who have already created a print book using Blurb will also be able to convert those books into ebooks via the new plug-in.
Prices vary, depending on book size and page numbers, but start from £1.75 and discounts are available on volume orders.
For more information visit blurb.co.uk
Back to Categories
- Average Article Rating 0 Stars
- You must be a registered user & logged in to rate this.
Login | Register