GoPro Announces Free Protune Firmware Upgrade
Attention GoPro HERO2 users. Download the free Protune firmware upgrade for better performance in shooting and post production.
GoPro, the world’s most versatile camera, has announced a free upgrade to their Protune firmware to help avid videographers. The GoPro Protune mode is a significant new development for filmmakers as it adds must-have capabilities critical to the production and post production pipeline, including support for 24p and 35Mbps data rate. Filmmakers, cinematographers, DITs, video editors and colourists throughout the industry have embraced the HERO2 for cinematic productions covering a whole range of topics. With the availability of Protune, GoPro now offers filmmakers a vastly improved and flexible workflow for integration with other source material and post-production platforms.
GoPro Protune: Optimised for professional production pipelines
The GoPro Protune firmware upgrade adds key features critical for high end film and television broadcast productions, including:
• 24fps frame rate, enabling GoPro HERO2 content to be easily intercut with other sources without a frame rate conversion
• 35Mbps data rate for the industry’s highest quality compressed image with virtually zero artifacts
• Neutral colour profile, allowing for greater flexibility in a colour correction workflow
• Log curve encoding, offering more detail in shadows and highlights
• Reduced sharpening and noise reduction for improved flexibility in professional post production and colour design workflows
Protune integration with GoPro CineForm Studio: GoPro Protune mode makes integration with GoPro CineForm Studio simple, automatically detecting Protune settings and applying the default adjustments to create stunning images. The workflow is further enhanced by a variety of colour tuning presets, or ‘looks’ that further enhance the filmmakers’ story.
Using Protune with GoPro CineForm Studio Premium and GoPro CineForm Studio Professional provides additional benefits, offering extensive color correction controls and customisable presets to create professional, cinematic looks from the GoPro HERO2 captured content. Non-destructive 3D LUTs provide even more flexibility, enabling users to further tweak their images, manipulate saturation and contrast and colour correction controls to create highly stylized content.
The free firmware upgrade is for existing customers can be downloaded from the GoPro website or by simply synching the GoPro HERO2 with GoPro CineForm Studio software, which is also available as a free download. For more information, please visit www.gopro.com/software-app/cineform-studio/.
Back to Categories
- Average Article Rating 0 Stars
- You must be a registered user & logged in to rate this.
Login | Register